Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vietnam, Day 2

 We dragged ourselves out of bed the first morning on the boat to watch the sunrise and do some yoga.
 Halong Bay is the most insanely beautiful place on earth. After breakfast, we made our way to Cat Ba Island.
 Once we landed on the island, we were promptly taken to hike up a mountain. Our guide was crazy (and most likely high) and kept jumping and swinging from branches.
 At the top! Temperature: 87 degrees, feels like 107. I am not kidding. Rhonda's itouch told us so.
 After the hike, we checked into our hotel on the island. This is our view from the room. We had another amazing lunch and rented motorbikes to cruise around the island. Again, I had great pictures but did I mention my camera was stolen? Ugh.
 We parked the motorbikes and walked down to this beach for a swim. This is also where my camera was stolen later that night while we were night swimming. For the record, it was totally worth it!
 Sunset from our room
Next morning, leaving the island to get back on the boat. Trying not to be sad about my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment