Saturday, September 25, 2010

Vietnam, Day 1

 Heather and I arrived in Vietnam on a Saturday afternoon. Our new co-teacher, Rhonda, met us later that night. We stayed one night at the Little Hanoi Hotel, woke up early Sunday morning, took a 3 hour bus ride to Halong Bay, and got on a boat. This is the view from our room.
 The food was incredible. I had so many more photos, but my camera was stolen :( Kim, the owner of Little Hanoi Hotel, overheard Heather and I talking about vegetarian food and informed the boat ahead of time. We were so surprised! The amazing part is that we still got to eat all of the traditional Vietnamese food, but vegetarian versions. I ate some fish too.
 After lunch, we explored a cave in Halong Bay.
 View from the top of the cave.
After hiking through the cave and kayaking, it was time for swimming. And jumping off the boat.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you were there in the most beautiful place... and we get to go along with our cameras intact. sorry about the camera, but glad it was worth it - the night swim that is!
    I want the food! xxoo Aunt Jane

    ReplyDelete