Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Seoraksan Fall



Ever since we went to Seoraksan in May, I have been wanting to go back in the fall. It was exactly what I thought, the leaves were autumn colors and the weather was cool but not freezing. I convinced Rhonda and Heather to do the difficult hike on the first day because I'm tough like that.
It was straight up, and more like climbing a million stairs than a nature hike.

But holy crap, it was so pretty!
This time of year is very crowded at Seoraksan, which meant waiting in line to get to the top. The hike was dramatically less difficult than we expected, which was a result of standing in line and slowly making our way up as opposed to charging up those stairs with no breaks. It was good and bad.
Things started to get a little boring. And windy. Very windy.
Once we reached the top, it was so windy that we got a quick picture and moved on. 
On the way down, matchy matchy hikers. This is definitely in my future.
Becaaaause... why not take a hula hoop break?
A friend
There were sisters on the trip with us, and the blonde one was walking into this shot. Her sister, trying to take a photo as well, called, "Hey, I'm trying to take an authentic Korean shot, get your blonde head out of the way". Thanks, I was thinking the same thing.
 A wedding


Ahhh, my favorite place in Korea. Everyone needs to visit Seoraksan.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! I love your blog and I am so glad your experience has been as grand as it has!!! I'm proud of you girl!

    ReplyDelete