Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Rhonda

After the ECC Halloween Party, we celebrated Rhonda's birthday. I won't tell you how old she turned, but it was somewhere between 17 and 52. We started out at Dos Tacos in Hongdae, because thats what you do.
 After dinner, we headed to Hongdae Park for live music.

 These Koreans were freestyling on the roof and they invited us up. The girl, Lauren, had recently spent a year studying english at UCSD.

 We walked around a bit and I made Rhonda take cheezy pictures. A birthday treat was in order, so we got ice ream filled waffles and took them on the roof with the rappers. I stole a candle that Rhonda's mom sent from the apartment, so we could sing Happy Birthday. I don't know why I'm holding the birthday waffle.


It was Halloween night, so things eventually got pretty wild in Hongdae. My camera died :( But, just so you know what you missed: the biggest jam session I've ever seen with a Korean girl dance/conducting, the same musicians later tap dancing, a sudden drum circle, lifesize dominoes, breakdancing, and Ali G getting fresh.

Note: Hot waffles + ice cream + climbing onto a roof = a melty ice cream mess that would be discovered on jackets, gloves, hats, etc. in the days following.



No comments:

Post a Comment