Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Birthday in Korea, Part 2

My birthday started out with trip to the hospital for a a flu and Hepatitus A shot (for our Southeast Asia trip), then to the Korean pension office, the post office, and finally, school. I started out not in the best of spirits, but things quickly turned around.

Mostly because I started with this.
Followed by ice cream, thanks to the lovely Rhonda.
And then these students...
Got me this cake. They made sure I knew it cost them a cool 29,000 won, because, you know, thats how much they love me.
Cake = Owned
I also got a homemade pencil case and some other little gifts.
After school, Neil took me out to dinner.
And presented me with this little gem, which I think is the best birthday present ever.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. We are both Aries as my birthday was on the 21st. So glad to see you blogging again. It makes me feel like I am vicariously sharing this journey with you. Where is your first stop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I deleted my last post (oops) How in the heck did you pack for 2 months in one backpack? Are you guys staying in hotels or hostels? Hostels are cheaper!!

    ReplyDelete