Sunday, March 27, 2011

Last Day of ECC

My last day at ECC wasn't as tearful as I expected it to be a few months ago. This last month, all of our classes were changed and I was left with barely any of my original students. I felt sad not to be able to have parties and share my last day with students I spent all year getting to know. But I still had a good time, and avoided a big sob-fest.





The students at ECC are so amazing, even classes I only had for one month were sad to see me go. This class actually made me a cake out of moon pie-like treats, grapes, Pepero, and melted ice cream drizzled on top. They made me a small laminated book with pictures of them, little quotes and their emails. I was really touched. Although I'm ready for the nest step in my life, it is hard to leave and I will miss all of these little Korean kids. They have made my time in Korea filled with memories of laughter, confusion, learning breakthroughs,  and admiration (on both of our ends). 

Good-bye ECC!

1 comment:

  1. How is the trip progressing? Are you still in Vietnam?

    ReplyDelete