Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lantern Parade

The Lotus Lantern Festival lasted a few weeks in Seoul and ended with a long parade last Sunday. The lotus flower represents Buddha and purity. It normally blooms in dirty swamps and lakes, but the flower remains clean.

We arrived early and scored a great spot.



It was nice, but it turns out parades are not THAT fun, especially parades intending to last 2 and a half hours. Also, none of our cameras could take a decent photo because of the darkness and speed of the parade. We left early.

This weekend is Buddha's Birthday and we get Friday off! Cynthia, Heather, and I are heading down to Busan. A large coastal city in the southern part of Korea, Busan is supposed to be beautiful. The forecast is rain the entire time, but I am determined to be in that ocean. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. You stayed for the parade! I arrived so early that by the time the parade was nearing I was totally burnt out. Sadly.

    Let me know if you'd be up for a link exchange!
    Brian
    http://kissmykimchi.com
    kissmykimchi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete