Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Adventure, Saturday

Saturday morning, we joined another Adventure Korea trip for a Raspberry Festival and other activities. We started out picking berries.

There were photographers (paparazzi) everywhere. We quickly realized they were there specifically to take a zillion pictures of us, the white people picking berries. It must have been for publicity purposes. It was awkward and funny at the same time.

We ate everything we picked. Well, I did.

Cynthia hates berries (weirdo), so she promised me hers, right before she dropped them all over the road.

Then some traditional Korean rafting.

At the festival, the first order of business was an eel catching contest. Not fun, not entertaining. I felt like the eels were looking at me and saying "I know you're not in here trying to catch me, but you aren't doing a thing to stop this, and so I blame you too." We had to leave...

And see a fountain of a man peeing and eating berries. Much better.

A walk to a temple was next.


After dinner, we went back to the festival, where free bokbunja (raspberry liqueur/wine) was waiting for us. The literal translation of the name is "a force so strong it can knock a urinal over." We were told it was a costume party, so we brought the heat...

Rivals

Captains

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog after finding a list of blogs about people living in Korea. I am coming over in September and I have never been to Korea so I'm really excited/nervous. I am going to be teaching at a girl's middle school in Seongnam. It looks like you are having a good time over there and seeing blogs like yours really gets me pumped I will be there soon. I just wanted to say hey and I like your blog :)

    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete